5/5/11

Finally final questions.

1. Describe the importance of blogging to modern day journalism. Limit--one paragraph
Where citizen journalism used to be thumbed at by 'legitmate' journalists, today, they may have captured something that their more official big brothers and sisters couldn't. As newspapers continue to pander more to the hyper-local, bloggers can take it a step further. Without the tag of 'journalist', they can catch things in their immediately local surroundings that a journalist, with their intimidating title, may not.  


2. If you are going to continue to blog, why? or why not?1 paragraph
Yes, I am, though not in this space. I anticipate when I move to my new job, I will have a sports column, and I plan to have a blog that is an extension of that. I look forward to being able to place myself in the story every now and then. I think it's a phenomenal way to capture the essence of community journalism.

3. If you were going to keep blogging, how will you change your blog in the future? 1 paragraph
I will, and really the venue would be the primary change. I imagine I'll have an official masthead to operate under, and obviously it would be significantly less about me, and more about the subjects I cover. It obviously will be more about the Rawlins sports scene, and I will definitely use a tone that beckons conversation. 


Thanks, Dr. Clark. 


If there was one thing I'd change about this class, and it would be minor because I had a great time, would be to offer more starting points. Remember at the beginning, when you said to read certain links? I loved being able to weigh in on those. Granted, those were right in my wheelhouse, but still. I think blogging, and in large part journalism, are at their best when they are a conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment