3/31/11

Headin' West: Wyoming-Bound.

After  a few weeks of searching, it would seem as though the quest for a job has concluded a success.

The last two days, an already promising lead heated up in a hurry. Yesterday morning I was told that Jerry Raehal, the publisher at the Daily Times in Rawlins Wyoming, was reaching out to the references listed on my resume after a successful phone interview the week prior (We spoke for more than an hour-and-a-half, and nearly half of it was simply shooting the breeze about the NBA. Turns out we're fans of rival teams, so this could be fun).

Just four hours after I was given the news that my references had been contacted, I was offered the position of sports reporter and editor at the Daily Times' one-man sports desk.

I discussed it with my wife, parents and brother, and all seemed in favor. This morning, I called Raehal, and told him Rawlins was the place for me.

So, that's it. In less than two months' time, myself, my wife, our cat and three dogs will be hopping on Kilpatrick turnpike to start the 912-mile journey to new life.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Ryan!
    You'll do great!
    Good luck to both you and Roxanna!
    Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete